Highlights: Budget 2015-16
Government will meet a "challenging" fiscal deficit target of 4.1 per cent of its gross domestic product (GDP) in the year to March 31, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Saturday, when presenting the government's full-year budget.
Here are the highlights of Jaitley's budget for the fiscal year that begins on April 1.
* Fiscal deficit seen at 3.9 per cent of GDP in 2015/16
* Will meet the challenging fiscal target of 4.1 per cent of GDP
* Remain committed to meeting medium term fiscal deficit target of 3 per cent of GDP
* Current account deficit below 1.3 per cent of GDP
* Jaitley says have to keep fiscal discipline in mind despite need for higher investment